A dash.js plugin to offload bandwidth from expensive traditional CDNs，while also maximizing a user’s viewing experience.
- WebRTC data channels for lightweight peer-to-peer communication with no plugins
- Support live and VOD streams over MPEG-dash protocol
- Very easy to integrate with an existing dash.js project
- Seamlessly fallback to normal server usage if a browser doesn't support WebRTC
- Highly configurable for users
- Support most popular HTML5 players such as video.js、DPlayer
- Efficient scheduling policies to enhance the performance of P2P streaming
- Use IP database to group up peers by ISP and regions
- API frozen, new releases will not break your code
# Browser Support
WebRTC has already been incorporated into the HTML5 standard and it is broadly deployed in modern browsers. The compatibility of CDNBye depends on the browser support of WebRTC and Hls.js. Please note that iOS Safari "Mobile" does not support the MediaSource API.
|Compatibility||Chrome||Firefox||Mac Safari||Android Wechat/QQ||Opera||Edge||IE||iOS Safari|
Only one media track is delivered over P2P. If video and audio tracks in MPEG-DASH go separately, just video is going to be shared over the P2P network.